Java Runtime Environment
Java Runtime Environment
Java software allows you to run applications called “applets” which is written in a programming language java.
The “applets” that allows you to run games online, chat with people around the world and view pictures of the 3d.
Corporations also use “applets” to run online applications and e-business solutions.
What is Java?
java allows you to run games online, chat with people around the world and view photos of the 3d, these are just some examples, as it is an integral part of the intranet applications and other e-business solutions that are the basis for computing companies.
Why download Java?
Java technology allows you to work and play in a safe computing environment, upgrade to the latest version of Java, which improves the security of your system, and older versions do not include the latest security updates.
What Java Do I Need?
You have to get a copy of the version JRE (Java Runtime Environment) on your system so that it can be operated java applications and “applets”. This is the download which is intended for consumers and owners of desktop computers.
What’s new in version 7 Update 51 :
- Jarsigner updated to encourage timestamping: Timestamping for a signed jar is now strongly recommended. The Jarsigner tool will print out an informational warning at signing or verifying when timestamp is missing.
- Changes to Security Slider: Block Self-Signed and Unsigned applets on High Security Setting; Require Permissions Attribute for High Security Setting; Warn users of missing Permissions Attributes for Medium Security Setting.
- Prompt users to clear previously remembered decisions: Users are given an option to restore the security prompts, for any prompts that were hidden prior to installing the latest release.
- Change in Default Socket Permissions: The default socket permissions assigned to all code including untrusted code have been changed in this release. Binding sockets outside of the ephemeral range now requires an explicit permission in the system security policy.
- Change in JAXP Xalan Extension Functions: A change has been made in JAXP Xalan Extension functions to always use the default DOM implementation when Security Manager is present. This change affects the NodeSet created by DOM Document.
- New Features and Changes:
- Free download
- Note : Downloading and installing Java will only work in Desktop mode on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
Free download click here